We, Niko, Lars and Avelina, are students at the cooperative university of Karlsruhe.
The semester is now over and here are our results of the project.
Here you can find our blog as PDF with all comments.
And here you can find our all documents as a .zip.
today you can install our server and our application.
At first you can see the manual for the server:
- Operating system: Windows, Linux (Only with mono)
- Framework: .NET Framework 4.6 (Minimum)
1. Extract the Server.zip file somewhere on your server/computer
2. Check if the port 13001 is open for outside connections
3. Start tbfController.exe
4. Write “/start” without quotations to start the server
- First you have to enable app installation from unknown origin in the settings.
- Here you can download our .apk to install the app on Android.
- Then you have to change the server address to your server in the settings of the app
I hope you have fun with the application and the server!!!
We did our test coverage with the internal testing function of Visual Studio. You can see our test coverage for our content manager here.
Our test document contains the necessary tests. You can find this here.
Have a nice day 🙂
Hello out there,
in this week we created the code metrics of our project by using the Sonar C# analyze.
The whole result before corrections you can find here in a excel table.
The first metric we want to show you is Cyclomatic Complexity.
For example in our Activity „ServerAnswer“ the calculated points were 5. As you can see in the picture we got three if statements and one else in a other if statement.
After using a switch case we could reduce the Cyclomatic Complexity. You see this correction in the following screen shot.
Our second metric we used is class clutches.
In the following screen shot we see the class LevelButton with 23 class clutches. Here is nothing to correct because the class is used that often in other classes to generate a level button.
All this information is now also in our Test Plan.
Niko from WhiteCode
As you guys might know, we have three code projects. We will show you our server project, to prove you that we developed design patterns.
From the beginning on, we wanted a server application that is able to use MSSQL and MYSQL, so its more flexible for our costumer. So we decided to create a class interface that contains all necessary database functions for the given database (More Here)! At first, here is a small overview of our abstract formation:
Here you can see the functions in our DBInterface:
The next image shows an example usage in the MysqlDataManager, which extends from the DBInterface
And at least, that you get a whole overview of the class construct of our server application:
(Please note, that this image is older and do not contain the actual telegram functions or database interactions. Therefore its more compact for a better overview!)
here you can find our refactoring repositories
- 4nd3r50n´s repository – Lars Pickelin
- samslina´s repository – Avelina Ott
- techniko27´s repository – Niko Scheuermann
We used the tips and tricks in this lecture to refactor the code properly and on point.
This week we wrought our first unit test and begun to create a “master test plan” for test driven development.
Here you can find a draft Version of our master test plan, to get an overview.
In the following screen shot you can see our first unit test “addRoom”.
Our test code can be found here on Github.
Leave a comment
Niko from WhiteCode